Thursday, January 24, 2008

This morning, Ron called me at work, and started off by saying, "Guess what Sammy did this morning." My response was, "What?" immediately followed by, "Never mind - I'm not sure I really want to know."

Turns out that Ron was a little busy with Natalie this morning, and Sammy was feeling neglected. I should mention here that she's had a bad cough for a couple of days, which turned into a full-blown cold last night, and we brought her in to Urgent Care because she wasn't acting like herself. And...she has her first ear infection. Big surprise there. But I digress.

While Ron was busy with Natalie, Sammy decided he wanted more orange juice and he was going to take matters into his own hands. Ron walked out into the kitchen to see this layout on the floor in front of the refrigerator: orange juice container (sans cap), Sammy's sippy cup (sans cap), and Sammy, poised to pick up the orange juice. All I could think was, good thing Ron hadn't waited another 30 seconds to walk out there to check on him. I'd still have been finding sticky puddles of dried orange juice under the refrigerator months from now.

No comments: