Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Brrr!

It was -1 degrees yesterday morning when I left for work - actual temperature, not even counting the windchill. I thought the tips of my ears might be frostbitten by the time I walked from my bus stop to my office. I remember at least one cat (from my childhood on the farm) that had frostbitten ears, and the tips actually fell off. Wouldn't that be an interesting look for me. Maybe I should start wearing a hat, otherwise I'll never have the option of short hair again.

Natalie picked up a case of pink eye from daycare already, so she stayed home yesterday. Poor girl woke up from her nap, and couldn't open up her eyes! That must have been confusing for her. "Hey, where'd everyone go?" She seemed to feel fine, though. This morning, she woke up at 4:00 a.m., talking and laughing in her cosleeper. I ignored her and she went back to sleep after about half an hour. I am curious what she could find to laugh about in the middle of the night, though.

No comments: