Thursday, May 22, 2008

Playing hooky

Last Friday the weather people were forecasting the nicest day so far this year. I really had no choice but to take the day off from work, so I could take the kids to the zoo.

Usually we go to Como Zoo. It's a lot closer to our house, and a lot cheaper. But since we had the whole day, I decided we should go to the Minnesota Zoo this time.

Unfortunately, I think every school in the state had a field trip to the zoo that day. We weren't able to get in to the first two dolphin shows, but we were able to just barely squeeze into the final show of the day.

I think the highlight of my day was when we saw the caribou, and Ron informed Sammy that when you milk a caribou, you get coffee. The highlight of Sammy's day was riding the "train" (the monorail).

Some pics:

Eating lunch. Sammy was in heaven over being allowed to have french fries. Natalie kept grabbing fistsful of his fries, and put up a valiant fight when I pried them out of her hands.

Admiring the big pig (it's not real).

On the train.


The dolphin show.

No comments: