Tuesday, May 20, 2008

The Great Artist

On Sunday, we drove to my grandparents' house for the day. Two of my young cousins were there, much to Sammy's delight. Even though they are my cousins, they are much closer in age to Sammy than me, so the boys always have a lot of fun playing together.

It was a pretty nice day, so we were all outside, and the boys were riding their bikes/trikes and playing nicely together. At one point, Ron made a comment to me about how great it was, now that Sammy is older, to not have to really worry about him so much and what he might be getting into. I have no idea what possessed him to say that, since we know things always go downhill from that point.

A few minutes later, I noticed the driver's side door to our minivan was open. I asked Ron to go shoo the kids out of there, figuring that he'd find them playing with some of the many toys that we keep inside for long car trips.

Then I noticed the driver's side window. Huh. It doesn't usually look all....filmy like that. A second later, Ron said to me, "You need to come see this."

I still wasn't quite prepared for what I found. Sammy had located a bottle of sunscreen, and had painted every exposed surface of the inside with that now-empty bottle. It was quite artistic, and might have been beautiful if it was with a different medium. And a different canvas.

I'm grateful for one small thing, though. It was Ron's bottle of sunscreen, and not the chemical-free (read: expensive) suncreen that I use for myself and the kids.

1 comment:

C. Beth said...

Oh, man, I can just picture Ana doing this. I rue the day that she figured out how to open bottles. Why couldn't she have waited to figure that out until age, oh, 14 or so? :)
-BethAustinTexas