Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Weekend recap

On Sunday, I golfed two 9-hole golf courses, played 3 tennis games, boxed one round, and bowled 10 frames. Yes, we are finally the proud owners of a Wii! I couldn’t believe how difficult it was to find that little machine. I knew we wouldn’t get one at Christmas time, but I had no idea it would take two months to get my hands on one.

Do you know that there are whole websites devoted to helping people score a Wii? I signed up for two of them – one which tracked online inventories of major retailers, and one which tracked local availability. I ended up locating mine at Target by pure, dumb luck. I got the second-to-last unit. Yay, me! I know, I sound like a total geek now. Hey – at least I didn’t stand in line at midnight to get one!

We also went to the Minnesota Children’s Museum on Sunday. Sammy had a blast. I’d never been there before, but it was worth every penny we paid, and we will definitely be repeat customers. There were so many fun, hands-on activities for toddlers, and Sammy was running from one exhibit to the next, as fast as his little legs would take him. Natalie wasn’t feeling too well this weekend, so she slumbered away in her Snugli the whole time. She seemed to be feeling a lot better yesterday, back to her usual, happy self. Teething, or another ear infection – who knows? If it was an ear infection, it seems to be clearing up on its own.

I have two kids teething at the same time. Come on, you know you’re jealous. Let’s just say that I’ve recently learned a full-size bed is NOT big enough for a family of four. By 5:00 a.m., all of us are crammed into the bed, like sardines in a can. Whatever buys us a little more sleep, uncomfortable as it may be, is worth it in my book.

On a side note, Sammy goes to daycare with a little boy named Alexander. Yesterday, we were talking about what he had done at daycare and a sly smile came across his face. “Alexander punny [funny],” he said. Mental note: Ask daycare teacher what Alexander did. Knowing Sammy, his sense of humor, and his mischievous nature, I suspect a good story.

No comments: