Tuesday, November 18, 2008

The Potty Chair

We haven't been hitting potty training too hard yet. It's difficult to be consistent with Sammy being at daycare part of the day. My current plan is to tackle potty training for real the week after Christmas, when I'm on vacation.




However. We have been working on getting him on the potty when it's obvious he "assumes the position" (that is, he hides in the corner and gets a look of concentration on his face). Over the weekend, he agreed to sit on his potty, so I set him up with a book and asked if he wanted me to keep him company, or if he wanted privacy. He opted for "pwivacy", so I scooped up the gawking bystander Natalie and closed the door.



Five minutes later, he announced he was done, and I oohed and aahed over the contents of the potty chair, before dumping it in the toilet. We went to his room for a fresh diaper. Afterwards, I stopped by the bathroom to shut off the light, and found this:


And afterwards, she oohed and aahed over the contents of the (empty) potty chair.

I'm thinking that there may be a bright side to the fact that Natalie wants to copy everything her big brother does.

(I apologize for the picture quality - it was taken with my camera phone, which is sadly still the only working camera in our house. Oh, and don't you love our beautiful pink bathroom. Ugh.)

1 comment:

C. Beth said...

That is awesome!! Good for Sammy. Was it poopy? We are still really struggling over here with the whole poop thing so I am very impressed when toddlers "get" pooping in the potty, without a problem.

Natalie is ADORABLE! I have a friend with a little girl who is about 18 months old, and she puts her on the potty daily--she also has a January '06 kiddo who is PT'd--doens't hurt if she's showing interest, right?

I'm not starting with Zoodle yet though. ;)