Wednesday, November 12, 2008

It's Ba-a-a-a-a-ck

This morning, I muttered a four-letter word as I woke up and looked out the window. “Snow,” I said in a disgusted voice. While this isn’t the first time it’s snowed this year, this is the first time there’s been accumulation. It was only about an inch, but it’s what it stands for, more than anything. It’ll be another long six or seven months before we can count on nice weather again. This time every year, Ron and I start fantasizing about moving somewhere warm.

The morning commute after the first snowfall is always…interesting. It takes Minnesota drivers awhile to get their “winter legs”, so to speak. No surprise, traffic was very slow this morning.

I find it hilarious to pull into the Park & Ride when there’s snow on the ground. Instead of neat, orderly rows of cars, everyone is parked willy-nilly. Sometimes the gap between rows of cars is so narrow, even though there’s plenty of parking spaces at the end of the row, there’s no way to get to them. It’s especially funny at the end of the day when the snow has melted, to see the yellow lines in relation to where the cars actually are.


Wake me up when it's spring again, please.  I'm going into hibernation.

No comments: