Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Everything But the Kitchen Sink

I had just returned to my desk after a meeting today when a coworker (who I see in the halls occasionally, but have no idea what her name is) came up to me and said, "You were the person nominated to be most likely to have a safety pin".  I couldn't imagine why someone would have thought of me, but I gamely opened my desk drawer and rummaged through its contents.  Hmm...hand sanitizer, Tums, eyedrops, deodorant, toothpaste, various kinds of tea and hot chocolate, a shaker of salt...aha.  There was my sewing kit.
 
The coworker laughed at the contents of my desk drawer.  "You know what that tells me?" she said.  "You're either a madman or someone's mom." 
 
Yes, and double yes.  Guilty on both counts.  Maybe someday I'll post the contents of my purse so you can all have a good laugh at my expense. 

No comments: