Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Loveys

Neither of my kids have ever had a "lovey" - well, other than the binky. But they haven't become attached to any one particular blanket or stuffed animal, which is just fine with me. I don't have to worry about leaving the precious lovey behind at a restaurant and then panicking when bedtime rolls around.

So, I was surprised when about a month ago, Sammy started wanting to bring various of his treasured toys to bed with him. It's a different toy every few nights. The last couple of nights, it's been a sheet of Disney stickers that we got for free in the mail (I think they wanted us to sign up for a movie club). Last week, it was his take-apart dump truck. The best, though, was a couple of weeks ago, when he filled his metal Elmo lunchbox with small toy cars and tractors (also metal) and drug that to bed with him. That came in handy in the middle of the night when he came into our room. The clunk, clunk, clunk announced his presence.

I just hope he doesn't decide he wants to take his tricycle to bed with him next.

No comments: