Wednesday, February 4, 2009

If I Was a Sculptor...But Then Again, No

In a normal winter, we have a one-week January thaw. This winter has been anything but normal. So when we had a whopping 12-hour winter thaw on Saturday - the very last day of January - I could hardly contain my excitement. However, you could almost hear the weather forecasters sighs of disappointment, since if we'd made it through Sunday without temps above freezing, it would have been the longest such stretch since the history of recorded temperatures. Personally, I'm glad we didn't make that record.


Because it's been too cold all winter, the snow has been powdery - good for skiiers, bad for wanna-be sculptors. So we took advantage of Saturday's weather to do some sculpting.


My feeble attempt at making a snowbunny - I think it looks more like a cat pregnant a dozen babies. (I know it's not much, but it's the best I can do....)




My husband, the artist, did a better job with his snow-lion.


Sampling the snow.


My view from the ground, when I was making a snow angel. The snow was such a gorgeous blue color that day.


Then, the cold winter winds blew in and all that we're left with is the memory of that beautiful day. And a yard full of ice.

No comments: