Thursday, April 17, 2008

We had a little incident this morning, while Ron and Natalie were still sleeping. Sammy helped me tell Ron the story after they got up.

Me: "I was in the bathroom when I heard Sammy get up this morning. He saw the bathroom light was on, so he came in to find me. He came through the door, squinting his eyes against the light, and clutching the two stuffed animals he brought to bed with him last one. One of which, luckily enough, was the Elmo doll who happens to be almost as big as Sammy is."

Sammy: "I fell in the bathtub!"

Me: "He took a wrong turn and ran into the bathtub. The momentum sent him toppling head-first over the rim of the tub."

Sammy: "Animals fall in the bathtub, too!"

Me: "The animals cushioned his fall, so he was startled and frightened, more than hurt. His animals were a little bit damp, though."

Talk about a rude awakening. It's almost as bad as the time someone left the toilet seat up, and I got up in the middle of the night, half-asleep, to use the bathroom and didn't discover that the toilet seat was up until it was too late.

No comments: